Today’s video is the next in my Functional Planning series – how I set up my daily pages using the Momentum Planner. While not always in the same order, here are the steps I follow to set up my daily pages:
- Sync my phone/web calendar with my monthly pages.
- Add appointments and meetings to daily pages.
- Add routine items (home-related, work-related, the week’s workouts) to daily pages.
- Add emergent tasks that are urgent and important.
- Add project-related tasks from the weekly page of the Momentum Planner
- Set up the week’s menu plan and grocery list.
I’m still trying to find my rhythm with the Momentum Planner. Specifically things that I’m noticing that need some tweaking:
- what level of detail I want to include on the quarterly/monthly pages
- the actual size of my projects (mis-labelling some as quarterly, when I could actually complete in a month or as a monthly project when it’s actually more of a week- or day-long task)
- organizing projects that are related into a hierarchy and planning/tracking the larger items
Honestly, I’ve only been using the Momentum Planner for about a month, and I’m still pretty new (or not new, but out of practice) with longer-term projects and goal setting. Practice makes perfect, though…and requires a lot of white out!